- ABOUT SMRC
- CASE STUDIES
- CONTACT US
SMRC is seeking an experienced Program Manager with advanced Program Management Office (PMO) experience to work in a fast-paced federal IT environment, located in Suitland, MD. Prior federal government contracting experience is required. Prior NOAA and/or NASA experience is preferred.
• Provide program office support to ensure that the current and emerging project management office processes and procedures are maintained and that mission operational requirements are being adhered to consistent with NOAA’s needs. This effort includes the collection, review, and reporting of established project controls such as Earned Value Management data, risk management, change control for schedule, requirements and configuration items, and other project management measures and procedures.
• Facilitate weekly status meetings and project control meetings (e.g. change control, risk mitigation) as needed to ensure the efficient operation of the Program Management Office for various NOAA programs/projects. Collect and compile data to support reports, including weekly status reports, meeting minutes as well as ad hoc reports.
• Provide program management office support to ensure efficient and cost-effective acquisitions through procurement and property management, invoice management, contract management, and financial reporting.
• Facilitate independent project internal and external Integrated Product Teams Working Groups Internal Process Technical Process Reviews activities by scheduling and coordinating meetings, documenting, recording and distributing minutes and actions, and maintaining stakeholder membership and distribution lists.
• Assist in coordinating stakeholder and user interaction and participation in requirements development activities for development activities, ensuring that: a) adherence to the organization’s planning guidelines and processes, particularly as they relate to the operational enterprise planning, and b) planning of new operational systems and/or subsystems are progressive, strategic, complimentary, timely and compliant with evolving NESDIS enterprise architectural constructs.
• Serves as the liaison between the government customer, corporate staff, and contract employees.
• Performs day-to-day management of overall program/contract support functions, including budget, account management, and possibly involving multiple projects and groups of personnel at multiple locations.
• Organizes, directs, and coordinates the planning and production of all contract support activities.
Minimum Experience Requirements:
• At least ten (10) years of proven program management experience in a federal IT environment (on-site at a federal government agency).
• Must have experience managing a team of 12+ employees with professional backgrounds in IT.
• Must be capable of leading programs that involve the successful management of teams composed of information technology professionals and/or other technical disciplines who have been involved in analysis, design, integration, testing, documenting, converting, extending and implementing automated information and/or other advanced technology systems.
• Must have proven skills relevant to the delivery/task order to be managed including one of the following; Program/Project Management, Enterprise Solutions Assurance, Independent Validation and Verification (IV&V), Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) systems, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions, and Enterprise Integration technology, tools, and solutions.
• Candidates who possess an understanding of, and working experience with, the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) are strongly preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, scientific, computer science, operations research, business, or a related field, or equivalent experience directly related to the functional responsibilities of the position.
• Candidates who possess an MBA will be given preference.
• Candidates who possess a PMP certification will be given preference.
Qualified candidates should send their resume, with a cover letter indicating salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must also complete the online job application in order to be considered for the position. The online job application can be found at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SMRCjobapp.
SMRC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.