- ABOUT SMRC
- CASE STUDIES
- CONTACT US
S M Resources Corporation is seeking an Senior Systems Engineer with a strong background in systems engineering to work in a fast-paced federal environment. Prior federal experience is desired.
• Perform engineering services to manage the secure Information Technology (IT) environment supporting research, engineering, and administrative information requirements of the ESPDS Development Project.
• Provide technical subject matter expertise and participate in efforts that include the planning, analysis, design, development, test and transition of systems, standards, compliance, and improvement support for systems being developed under ESPDS Project.
• Provide recommendations regarding government- developed architectural compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements, evolving software engineering concepts, standards, and customer/mission requirements, to include new functions and capabilities, as well as enhance the safety, stability, reliability, maintainability and compatibility with external systems.
• Participate in system integration and transition to ops, and remote common back-up activities as they pertain to systems engineering and technical planning, development, deployment and V&V of both mission management and ground data processing elements.
• Provide continuing coordination and technical support to the Project Management Office including matters pertaining to on-going system requirements and engineering processes and activities; software and hardware lifecycle development and gate reviews; hardware and equipment acquisitions; enterprise architecture; technical and business reference model activities pertinent to ESPDS development activities; and other relevant duties as assigned.
• Monitor development activities with the intent to verify that requisite IT security compliance is maintained throughout system development lifecycle.
• At least six (6) years proven program/project management, including a minimum of three (3) years of advanced technology systems management experience in an IT environment.
• Must be capable of leading programs that involve the successful management of teams comprised of information technology professionals and/or other technical disciplines who have been involved in analysis, design, integration, testing, documenting, converting, extending and implementing automated information and/or other advanced technology systems.
• Must have proven skills relevant to the delivery/task order to be managed including one of the following; Program/Project Management, Enterprise Solutions Assurance, Independent Validation and Verification (IV&V), Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) systems, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions, and Enterprise Integration technology, tools, and solutions.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, scientific, computer science, operations research, business, or related field, or equivalent experience directly related to the functional responsibilities of the position.
Clearance Required: None
Description: SMRC is seeking multiple levels of Software Engineers for immediate hire.
- Have significant competence in the area of C++ programming
- Will use modern scientific data formats (i.e. HDF, netCDF)
- Must have strong technical and communication skills and ability to work well in a highly technical environment
- Prior experience at NOAA and/or NASA is a plus
Required Experience: 3-10 Years
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Citizenship: U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident (Greencard)
SMRC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.